Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The time...well..it goes

Oh, the day has come, the inevitable return to work.  I put on my uniform, aka my "maniform" as named by Andrew, and headed into work Monday morning.  Hazel started her day care in a lovely family home called Artziniega Family Day Care.  We are fortunate in that we found a caring home for Hazel just around the corner from where Tatum attends preschool.  As for me, I am working for the first time in 2011, and when I state it like that, I feel so much gratitude to have had the last three months to just be a mom to my daughters. 

To recap some highlights from maternity leave...

SLEEP - yes, that's right, tons of sleep.  Hazel and I napped together often during this time and now as I sit and check out the clock I realize I am tired because I'm used to napping around the 2 to 3pm hour.  Oh well, I must trade in my sleepies for caffeine!

CRAFTS - oh, yes, I got out the old sewing machine and went to work on curtains and wall hangings.  No children's clothes, but that may come in the future.

Tatum's hilariousness - it's amazing, as I concentrated on the growth and birth of our Hazel, little old Tatum has shot straight into toddlerhood with an ever-growing imagination and vocabulary.   Her humor and timing are impeccable (both Andrew and I take credit for that).  Some funny notes:
- one day after picking up Tatum from preschool, Hazel started her usual cries and screams that come with being a baby being dragged around by a family.  Tatum declared on this particular day "Momma, Hazel needs your booby."  
- another day after picking up Tatum from preschool, i was particularly anxious and wanted to get back home and get Hazel whatever it is that she needed to stop crying, and as I sped around a corner before the light turned, Tatum exclaimed "Hold on Hazel!  Momma's driving fast!"  Yes, this made me both laugh and slow a bit down.

A Garden to call our own - we now have a small vegetable and herb garden in the back yard.  We converted Tatum's old sandbox to a raised bed and have tomatoes, peppers, squash, collards, and chard growing.  Tatum LOVES watering the garden in the evenings, so much so that my refusal to let her water turns into tantrums.

No comments:

Post a Comment